Approved by the ArtsMemphis Board, August 2017
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information or submit a question to us via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, we may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
- When you make a publicly recognized gift to one of our grantee organizations, we may look for publicly available personal information about you (e.g., address in WhitePages), or we may solicit information about from the grantee organization, subject to their own privacy policies.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by ArtsMemphis. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities, with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so, unless required for tax purposes or as required by institutional funders of ArtsMemphis (e.g., government agencies, foundations).
- We will only collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.