Arts Build Communities (ABC)
The Tennessee Arts Commission (TAC) offers the Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program in partnership with ArtsMemphis for organizations seeking support in the following West TN counties: Fayette, Lauderdale, Shelby, Tipton.
The Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of asset-based cultural enterprises. ABC funds may be used to:
• Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
• Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
• Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
• Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
• Offer training that helps experienced or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability.
Contact: Tracy Lauritzen-Wright, tlauritzenwright [at] artsmemphis [dot] org or 901.578.2787
Get an email notification about grant info, deadlines and workshop information, sign up here.
2016 Arts Builds Communities Grantees
A total of $42,415 was awarded in Ficsal year 2016 to 24 organizations in Shelby and Lauderdale Counties. Awards range from $985 to $2,000.
Blues City Cultural Center
Buckman Performing Arts Center
Children's Museum of Memphis
Heal the Hood Foundation
Hot Foot Honeys
Kingdom Community Builders
Lauderdale County Government
Luna Nova Music
Memphis Library Foundation
Memphis Mens Chorale
National Civil Rights Museum
Neighborhood Christian Centers
Thistle & Bee
Tipton Arts Council
Transformations Autism Treatment Center