What is ArtsZone?
ArtsZone is the AutoZone arts funding program administered by ArtsMemphis. ArtsZone strengthens the Memphis community by combining AutoZone’s commitment to excellence and enrichment in the arts with ArtsMemphis’ grantmaking support and knowledge. Funding generally supports programs or program operations. Funding is determined by a grant panel composed of AutoZone representatives.
Note: Capital campaigns are not supported through ArtsZone funding. Please refer to the AutoZone Greater Memphis Area Grant Application on AutoZone.com/CommunityRelations
Who is eligible for ArtsZone funding?
501(c)(3) organizations in the Greater Memphis area with an arts focus, a minimum three-year history of presenting quality arts projects and an active Board of Directors.
What should I apply for?
Typically ArtsZone grants range from $5,000 - $15,000.
How to Apply
Submit responses via this online form. Please be sure to save your responses in a separate word document for your records, as the application file will not be accessible to you after submitting.
- Project Name
- Request Amount
- Project Budget
- Timeframe for Project (The current application cycle is for projects occurring October 2017-August 2018. If the project you are requesting support for begins before October 15, 2017, please contact Tracy Lauritzen wright to discuss prior to submitting a Letter of Intent.)
- Current Operating Budget
- Names of any AutoZoners (AutoZone Employees) involved with your organization.
- Description of project – 2 pages maximum.
Contact: Tracy Lauritzen Wright (901-578-2787, tlauritzenwright [at] artsmemphis [dot] org)
- Monday, April 17 (5:00 pm): Letter of Intent deadline
- Wednesday, April 26: Organizations will be notified regarding invitation to submit a full application
- Wednesday, May 10 (5:00 pm): WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile completed or updated for applicants invited to submit full proposal.
If your organization is not on WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org, please visit this page to register for a “How to Build a WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org Profile Session.”
If your organization has started a profile but needs help, please visit this page to register for “WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org Technical Training.”
If you have other questions about WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profiles, please contact Olivia Wilmot, Profile Coach at the Community Foundation for Greater Memphis (owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org or 901-722-0028).
- Friday, May 26 (5:00 pm): Full application deadline
- September: Funding announcements made
What if I have a capital campaign request?
2016 ArtsZone Grantees
ArtsMemphis | General Operating Support
Ballet Memphis Corporation | Ballet Memphis 2016-2017 Season
Beale Street Caravan | Season 21 of Beale Street Caravan
The Blues Foundation | International Blues Challenge Supporter
Circuit Playhouse, Inc. | Theatre Education Super Sponsor
Collage Dance Collective | Collage Ballet Conservatory
Dixon Gallery and Gardens | Dixon Discoveries
Hattiloo Theatre | Season 11 Artist Development Sponsorship
Indie Memphis | Indie Memphis Film Festival
IRIS ORCHESTRA | IRIS Community Outreach and Engagement programs
Levitt Shell | 50 Free concerts Series
Memphis Brooks Museum of Art | General Operating Support
Memphis College of Art | ArtsZone Sculpture Garden
Memphis Development Foundation | The Ugly Duckling & The Tortoise and The Hare Orpheum Student and Family Series Show
New Ballet Ensemble & School | NBE Scholarships- Breaking the Cycle of Poverty
New Day Children's Theatre | 2016-2017 Season: Sensory Friendly Performances
Opera Memphis | 30 Days of Opera
PRIZM Ensemble | PRIZM Music Camp 2017
RiverArtsFest, Inc. | Sponsorship of Arts Zone, the artist market
Theatre Memphis | A Christmas Carol
Urban Art Commission | General Operating Support
Visible Music College | Visible Christmas