Join the Arts & Economic Prosperity 6 Study!
ArtsMemphis seeks community partners to participate in Arts and Economic Prosperity 6 (AEP6), the sixth national economic impact study of America's nonprofit arts and culture industry. AEP6 will demonstrate that even in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic and the devastation it has wreaked on our sector, the arts are a critically important accelerant for our economic recovery.
We need your help to collect this data for AEP6. While part of a national study, our reports will be based on spending by our own local nonprofit arts and culture organizations as well as the event-related spending by their audiences (at local retail, parking, and restaurant establishments). This important research tool will demonstrate that when we invest our dollars in the arts, we are investing in an industry that strengthens our local economy.
Economic impact studies such as these will expand the conversation about how many people view the arts. While most appreciate the cultural benefit provided to our community, few realize that our local arts industry supports jobs, generates government revenue, and is a cornerstone of tourism.
How can I participate?
Contact Program and Operations Manager, Bryce Goodloe, to get involved!
- For Arts and Culture Organizations:
- Sign up to participate in the study! Be a qualified nonprofit arts or culture organization working in or serving the Memphis Metropolitan Area.
- Submit your events to our event calendar. Collect audience intercept surveys at your arts events between June 2022 - April 2023. This includes any performance, workshop, exhibition opening, museum visit, film screening, open mic night, poetry slam, festival, etc. If your organization is attracting an audience, they are eligible to participate in the audience intercept survey. Events that are submitted to the calendar will receive special social media coverage.
>>Your events will be highlighted on ArtsMemphis’ Instagram story and pinned to Highlights.
- For Arts Patrons and Supporters:
- Take the audience intercept survey at the next arts event you attend. Check our Event Calendar to see where you can take the survey.
More from Americans for the Arts
AEP5 Study Local Highlights
Explore the links below to view the findings from the last Arts & Economic Prosperity Study issued in 2017.