ArtsZone is the AutoZone arts funding program administered by ArtsMemphis. ArtsZone strengthens the Memphis community by combining AutoZone’s commitment to excellence and enrichment in the arts with ArtsMemphis’ grant-making experience and knowledge. Funding generally supports programs or program operations. Funding is determined by a grant panel composed of AutoZone representatives. Note: Capital campaigns are not supported through ArtsZone funding.
Who is eligible for ArtsZone funding?
501c3 organizations in the greater Memphis area with an arts focus, a minimum three-year history of presenting quality arts projects and an active Board of Directors.
What should I apply for?
Typically ArtsZone grants range from $5,000 - $15,000.
AutoZone considers the following when reviewing requests for funding:
Engages the Memphis community
- Diverse areas of Memphis have access to and participate in the activity, program or action
- Actively promotes Memphis as a place to live, work and play
- Broad base of community support and participation
Exemplifies AutoZone Values and company culture
- Puts customers first, cares about people, strives for exceptional performance, energizes others, embraces diversity, helps teams succeed
- Organization operates efficiently and adapts to changing financial conditions
Financial stability and diverse sources of support
Sustainable partnerships and collaboration with other organizations
Organization has a clearly defined purpose and the capacity to carry out its mission
Project goals and measurement tools are clearly defined
Alignment w/ AutoZone priorities: education, social services, economic development, community vitality
AutoZoner involvement (AutoZoner=employees of AutoZone); opportunities for AutoZoner and/ or AutoZone customer participation
Prior year accomplishments
- Successful fulfillment of prior grants
- History of successful and quality execution
- Organization has the capacity to execute grant
Proactive and timely program/ project communication and partner recognition
FY18 Application Deadline and Information Available Spring 2017
Sign up here if you would like to receive information about future ArtsZone funding opportunities.
How to Apply:
Submit a Letter of Intent (no more than two pages, emailed as a PDF to tlauritzenwright [at] artsmemphis [dot] org that includes:
- Description of the project.
- Description of how the project will strengthen the organization’s mission.
- Overview of how the project will engage and impact the greater Memphis area.
- Measures of success, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Amount of funding requested and project budget amount.
- Timeframe for the project. (The current application cycle is for projects occurring October 2016-August 2017. ::If the project you are requesting support for begins before October 15, 2016, please contact Tracy Lauritzen-Wright (901-578-2787, tlauritzenwright [at] artsmemphis [dot] org) to discuss prior to submitting a Letter of Intent.
- Current operating budget amount.
- Names of any AutoZoners (AutoZone Employees) involved with your organization.
- Friday, April 8 (5:00 pm): Letter of Intent deadline
- Week of April 18: Organizations will be notified regarding invitation to submit a full application
- Friday, May 27 (5:00 pm): Full application deadline
- September: Funding announcements made
Contact: Tracy Lauritzen-Wright (901-578-2787, tlauritzenwright [at] artsmemphis [dot] org)
What if I don’t qualify or have a capital campaign request?
2016 ArtsZone Grants
ArtsMemphis | General Operating Support
Ballet Memphis Corporation | Ballet Memphis 2016-2017 Season
Beale Street Caravan | Season 21 of Beale Street Caravan
The Blues Foundation | International Blues Challenge Supporter
Circuit Playhouse, Inc. | Theatre Education Super Sponsor
Collage Dance Collective | Collage Ballet Conservatory
Dixon Gallery and Gardens | Dixon Discoveries
Hattiloo Theatre | Season 11 Artist Development Sponsorship
Indie Memphis | Indie Memphis Film Festival
IRIS ORCHESTRA | IRIS Community Outreach and Engagement programs
Levitt Shell | 50 Free concerts Series
Memphis Brooks Museum of Art | General Operating Support
Memphis College of Art | ArtsZone Sculpture Garden
Memphis Development Foundation | The Ugly Duckling & The Tortoise and The Hare Orpheum Student and Family Series Show
New Ballet Ensemble & School | NBE Scholarships- Breaking the Cycle of Poverty
New Day Children's Theatre | 2016-2017 Season: Sensory Friendly Performances
Opera Memphis | 30 Days of Opera
PRIZM Ensemble | PRIZM Music Camp 2017
RiverArtsFest, Inc. | Sponsorship of Arts Zone, the artist market
Theatre Memphis | A Christmas Carol
Urban Art Commission | General Operating Support
Visible Music College | Visible Christmas